Monday, August 10, 2009

I have decided to move my first collection up to this February instead of doing it in September. There is just waaaaay too much going on in my life for me to finish a full collection that I'm actually proud of, by this September. Living in a new place, just graduated school and didn't even take a break...new job, planning a wedding, trying to buy a house and close on it by November..just too much! So I'm focusing on two things right now as far as fashion goes. 1. I'm trying to make a bunch of clothes for MYSELF, so I can be my best advertisement! and 2. My goal is to get an etsy shop going in the next few months here, so I can sell some of my designs online and makes some money. My hours at work got cut from 40 to 20, so I could really use some extra income. Michigan is so lovely for everything except jobs right now.

Aside from fashion I'm thinking about doing the Detroit Freep 1/2 marathon this year! I have been running 30-60 minutes six days a week for the past 2 months and I've been feeling great. I've always wanted to run the 1/2 marathon in Detroit...it's October 16th, my favorite time of year for running. Plus it's getting me back in shape, which I needed pretty badly.

and of coarse, I'm still planning my wedding :)
I can't wait to start making my dress! Our date is October 3, 2010. I'm getting really excited. I wanted to make all my bridesmaids dresses as well, but we'll see. I'm going to wait on affirming that one until I see how much work my own dress ends out being.

No comments: