Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Bravo! Bravo! June 4, 2010

I had the pleasure of being a featured designer at one of Detroit's hottest events of the year - Bravo! Bravo! this past Friday. It was really a fantastic fantastic time. Myself, along with local designers William Malcolm, Wound Menswear, Femilia Couture, House of Cedi and Joe Faris, were featured as we each auctioned off a garment to benefit the opera house.

I have to say, the event itself blew me away (the best food, drinks and entertainment I've ever see in one venue!), but the real highlight of my night was finally meeting the other designers. I kind of feel like I'm the "newb" to the scene, and they were all so welcoming and awesome, and just made me feel all fuzzy inside. My insides were ignited with the intense desire to organize some kind of crazy renegade Detroit style fashion show with these loverly human beings. I just want to work together! Like so bad. I want Detroit to stand out when it comes to fashion. We need to make it happen. And with such a great group of people who don't have their heads on backwards, it shouldn't be hard. for realz.

Below are some photos of my muse and super star model extraordinaire, miss kelly jean, wearing the dress I donated for the event. I have to do a special shout out to this super babe. I mean really, look at her. But most of all, I love to work with her because she is super tolerant back stage when it comes to dealing with the "strong personalities" ifyaknowwhatimean. <3lovefestforkellyjean<3<3<3 Aside from being a model, she's also a teacher AND an actress. View her recent appearance in a music video as the date of a guy who realizes when it's already too late, that the girl is a kung-fu master.







and some other photos taken during the event.








I'd also like to thank Rebecca Stevens, good friend of mine and editor of 944 Magazine, for recommending me for the event, AND loaning me the accessories needed to make my garment a complete look. ;)

No comments: