Monday, January 11, 2010

Kelly Lynne (designs) fashion fundraiser

I was asked to show my Fall 2010 line in the Fashion In Detroit shows this March. This has been a goal of mine since they first started this event back in August. It's been a dream really. This is a full scale fashion show, put on some very remarkable people, to try and make fashion a bigger reality in Detroit. This is an opportunity that would be so beneficial to my career as a designer. The downside is that the designer's fee is $2500, and I need to have this amount by the end this month (January). Some friends of mine have made a suggestion that I set up a donation site. So low and behold, here it is! Any amount would be highly appreciated. I feel very strange asking for money, but this is so important to me, that I'm willing to try anything. My appreciation goes beyond words.









In addition, any garment you see on my website is a one-of-a-kind, and currently for sale. Please contact me for details.

The shows are March 19th and 20th, and tickets are $50. Whether I am able to participate or not, I will still be having my own show on Saturday, March 20th at 9 p.m. at Oslo, Detroit. Admission is free and you will be able to view the entire collection.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Post progress updates, Kelly. It works for NPR. :)