Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy love day.

It's Valentines Day. Some people think Valentines Day is cheesy and overcommercialized, and all I have to say to that is, sure it is - if you make yours that way! I know mine was spent dressing all saucy, sipping numerous glasses of champagne, and having a great time with my dude at this. Where a red benefit/bidding auction on some outstanding items was held in conjunction with a pretty fantastic theatre performance. I got a dress and a coat that puts other clothes in my closet to shame. Vintage 60's and fits me like a glove. I might just have to throw out the rest of my clothes so this classy ensemble can breathe better.

In addition, this past Friday, Martin and I were extremely lucky to have been part of a portfolio building scheme thanks to the loverly Melanie Maxwell, and got some fantastic engagement photos done spur of the moment. We haven't gotten them back yet, but she posted a preview on her blog and it's looking fantastic! My tights might give away that I had a little valentines day on the brain last week. If it were more for us and less for Melanie, I may have liked more fake blood and less smiling at the camera, but I guess I have to suck it up sometimes. I think they look pretty sweet.

No comments: