Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Fall Fashion is near..i smell you.

It's time for the Fall 2010 fashion shows to start, and it's absolutely surreal that I'm going to be showing my first collection soon. Year after year, it's the Fall collections that inspire and motivate me. Finally, I have something to show for it. My goal is to go beyond everyone's expectations. Yeah, fashion in detroit didn't happen this season, but that's fine. Just because I'm throwing this show myself, doesn't mean it's going to be any less important for me. And I have to say, I'm just really really excited to show off the designs. It's some of the best work I've ever done, if I do say so myself. I have so many people supporting me as well, and there is no way I could have done it without the support and encouragement that I have received so far. I asked 4 of my good friends to join in as models, because they are beautiful and confident and I want to see my friends in my clothes, because ideally, it is them I design for. I also have 6 gorgeous professionals as well, because it's very important to me to promote modeling in Detroit, and give new aspiring models a chance for runway experience. I have amazing people volunteering to further their portfolios by doing hair and make up, and so far 3 photographers (that list is growing daily) who want to come and shoot the event. My fiance' is building us a runway. It's going to be quite the production, and I really can't wait. The work I've done for this is more than anything I have ever undertaken in my life, and I'm a pretty motivated person. And its turning out exactly as I've had it in my head all these years. I am beyond excited to show the fashion world what I have to offer.

Now, onto some pictures. As previously mentioned I have been researching the styling of Katie Shillingford, the editor of Dazed & Confused, because everything she works on seems to turn to gold. That Viktor and Rolf shoot I was all over last month? Katie worked on it.



Another favorite shoot from D&C Oct '09





D&C July 2009





I am so inspired by things that are different, things I haven't seen before. I've been reading fashion magazines since I was a little girl, and to be honest, *most* things have been done before in some shape or form, or remind me of something I've seen. When I see someone doing something truly unique, it just really gets me.

And finally, I was exuberant to see that Garance dore' has created an english version of their blog. I can read french, a little, but some things just get pretty lost in translation at this point, since I have no one to practice it with really.

No comments: