Sunday, May 6, 2012

Change of plans

After careful consideration, I have decided to delay my 2012 show until end of August/beginning of September. Many factors helped me come to this conclusion. For one, I don't feel I'm ready to put on a spectacular show one month from now. I could definitely put on a "good show" but I realized, I want to put on a spectacular show. I need to build a set, find the right models, find a sponsor salon, plan out the run of show. Finishing the paintings. I have also had some health issues this month and having just had surgery, I was not able to spring right back into action as quickly as I'd hoped. I wish I were the machine I pretend to be. It's also come to mind that perhaps people would enjoy seeing wool coats and leather dresses much more at the end of summer than the beginning. I don't need to follow New York's Fashion Week Schedule. I mean, I'm clearly behind already and no one has called the fashion police just yet. We make our own rules in Detroit anyway. The show will still be at Rustbelt Market in Ferndale, and will still feature a handful of extremely talented up and coming designers and artists. There will be complimentary beverages, and tickets will be available for pre-sale and at the door. If you or someone you know is interested in being a part of this event, I still have a few slots open. Designers and artists are selected based on how well their particular style will fit in with the show. Please send all inquiries to ktsager@gmail.com Stay tuned for an announcement on the exact date.

No comments: